Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mundane Experiences!

       Hi! I wish to share a little tidbit which brings to the fore the small things we do in life inadvertently, yet it has a big effect on the others...I was going to my office which is Strategic restricted access R&D facility and it has security personnel manning the main gates. All personnel going on their own vehicles are expected to display their vehicle permits and also their identity cards for scrutiny before entry is allowed.

      I usually have the habit of clearly displaying (as soon I start from home) the entry permit kept on a separate flap over my shirt pocket and the ID card prominently clipped beside it offering a clear view of both on the front side. The security personnels' job is made so easier to view both side by side and he happily clears me to in without wasting much time! I've seen others fiddling inside their pockets/ bags for the permit after coming to the gate only. This delays others waiting on their vehicle behind them besides frustrating the security.

      I've been commended by the security men many times about the clear and ready manner of displaying my entry permit & the ID card! It felt good that I had made their life easier and also in turn had the privilege of a quick yet secure entry! Such win-win situations lifts one's spirits however small they are! Thought I'd share this with you; hope you too have something like this to share! I'm waiting to hear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag counter

free counters